New Education policy is going to reform the 34 years old structure of Indian School Education System as well as the higher education policies throughout the country. UGC, AICTE and NCTE will be joined under a single platform of Higher Education Commission of India exempting medical and legal education.
As we can see the major highlights of changes in Higher Education System:
- 50 % Gross Enrolment Ratio by 2035
- Holistic and Multidisciplinary Education -Flexibility of Subjects
- Multiple Entry / Exit in degree courses.
- UG Program – 3 or 4 year
- PG Program – 1 or 2 year
- Integrated 5 year Bachelor’s / Master’s degree.
- M Phil to be discontinued.
- Credit Transfer and Academic Bank of Credits
- Research Intensive/Teaching Intensive Universities and Autonomous Degree Granting Colleges
- Focus on Literature & Scientific Vocabulary of Indian Languages
- Research on Languages
- Strengthening National Institutes for promotion of Classical Languages & Literature
- Indian Institute of Translation and Interpretation (IITI) will be set up
- Cultural Awareness of our Indian Knowledge Systems
- Promoting Traditional Arts / Lok Vidya
- HEI / School or School Complex to have Artist(s)-in-Residence